FREEPORT MAINE NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING
Perhaps you are confused about what direction to go after your brain injury. You need a clear plan on what providers or therapies to consider after this difficult event. You are struggling to find relief from your symptoms and want to understand how your brain injury has effected your functioning.
My goal is to meet and exceed your expectations to get you on a clear path to health. I provide Neuropsychological testing for individuals after an acquired brain injury such as a concussion, stroke, aneurysm, brain bleed, etc. After this assessment, you will have clear referrals and treatment recommendations for your care. It is my hope you will have a sense of relief that you have a plan to manage your symptoms.
I provide a half-day assessment to meet these goals and spend time to understand your symptoms and plan for care.
Reasons to seek neuropsychological testing:
- Changes in short-term memory
- Difficulty with attention, tracking what others are saying in conversation.
- Trouble with finding words in conversation.
- Difficulty recognizing items.
- Visuospatial difficulty, i.e. looking at maps, diagrams, etc.
- Poor judgment/decision-making.
- An unexplained change in personality, increase in anxiety or depression.
- Recently being unable to manage finances or other life tasks.
Why a shorter assessment?
Many times I find that my clients struggle with a full day neuropsychological examination. Therefore, I provide a half-day assessment focused on core areas of cognitive functioning. You will have a detailed initial assessment and record review so I understand YOU! I will take all the necessary breaks you need so we can start to understand your symptoms and provide clarity on your next steps for treatment.
What I’ll provide:
- A 2 hour assessment one week before your testing session (can be telehealth).
- 3-4 hours of testing completed in the morning (in person).
- A detailed report with recommendations and ideas for your recovery.
- A feedback session in person or telehealth if that is easier for you.
The purpose of an evaluation often is to find and make referrals, I find that this length is appropriate for most clients to meet and exceed this goal.
My goal is to provide you with this assessment and make recommendations within three weeks of your appointment. I know that getting to the right providers and getting better is what you need most in your recovery. I will handle sending out the report to your providers via fax.