I provide a half-day abbreviated Neuropsychological Testing after an acquired brain injury. I provide testing for concussion, post-concussion syndrome, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, aneurysm, and more.
Reasons to seek neuropsychological testing:
- Changes in short-term memory
- Difficulty with attention, tracking what others are saying in conversation
- Trouble with finding words in conversation.
- Difficulty recognizing items.
- Visuospatial difficulty, i.e. looking at maps, diagrams, etc.
- Poor judgment/decision-making.
- An unexplained change in personality, increase in anxiety or depression.
- Recently being unable to manage finances or other life tasks.
Why a shorter assessment?
Many times I find that my clients struggle with a full day neuropsychological examination. Therefore, I provide a half-day assessment focused on core areas of cognitive functioning. This will include a detailed interview 1.5 hours, 2-3 hours of testing, a written report, feedback session, and detailed recommendations. If you need a full neuropsychological report for any reason, I will refer you to a neuropsychologist.
The purpose of an evaluation often is to find and make referrals, I find that this length is appropriate for most clients to meet and exceed this goal.
You will have a detailed intake and record review so I understand YOU! I will take all the necessary breaks you need so we can start to understand your symptoms and provide clarity on your next steps for treatment.
My goal is to provide you with this assessment and make recommendations within three weeks of your appointment. I know that getting to the right providers and getting better is what you need most in your recovery.